Friday 25 January 2013

ISS pass

Had a really nice pass of the ISS tonight and my attempted to capture it and failed :/

I thought I'd try using the LX90 with the Baader zoom and a GSO 2" 2X Barlow with the 600D straight through without a diagonal. Bad idea! I couldn't reach zenith which was the brightest part of the pass due to the image train hitting the forks, lesson well and truly learned. Still managed to capture some frames but they all seemed very blurry, obviously trying to manually track the station will produce mostly smudges but the relatively still frames were out of focus, I used the moon to setup the focus as par the last time but it just not right. Using Jupiter to set the exposure worked quite well tho. Oh well, back to the drawing board. My first attempt back in September sure was a case of beginners luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment